Details of the event/coaching course you want to register for should be below – just complete the online registration form and complete the online payment section to confirm your place.
If you can’t find the event or coaching you want here please click here to search our calendar of events….
If you have any problems please email us at email@example.com
New to open water swimming? Then our Introduction To Open Water Swimming (iTOWS) course is the one for you...
Our iTOWS courses will run between April and September, on Thursday evenings at Hatfield Outdoor Activity Centre, Doncaster. 18.30 - 20.00hrs Click Here for iTOWS Courses at Hatfield.
And on Saturday afternoons at Thrybergh Country Park, Rotherham. 14.30 - 16.00hrs.
- To introduce swimmers with no experience of Open Water swimming to the wonderful world of wild swimming
- To give swimmers the confidence to swim in Open Water
- To coach and support people who have entered swim events (or other sporting activities)
The course content is designed to be flexible enough that all levels of swimming competency and experience can be involved, either on an individual one-2-one basis or in larger groups. Course content can, therefore, be adapted to suit the needs of the swimmer(s)
- Welcome & safety briefing – lakeside
- How to put a wetsuit on
- Water entry & acclimatisation
- Sculling/Floating exercises
- Bubbles/Breathing basics
- Venue/Course understanding
- Sighting training
- Open Water swim – short course
- Stroke analysis & development
- Open Water swim – long course
- How to remove a wetsuit
- Debrief session
The course costs £25, which includes:
- Just over ½ hours classroom training – as detailed in the course content
- Up to 1 hour of coached swimming in open water
- Access to on-going iTOWS coaching from SYS team coaches during the season
N.B. The course fee does NOT include wetsuit hire. For information about wetsuit hire please see our online wetsuit hire pages here.
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso