We are delighted to announce that in line with the new government advice and in consultation with our venue owners we are now able to start a phased reopening from Thursday 3rd June!
We have been working hard with the teams at Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust and Rotherham Borough Council to get Hatfield and Thrybergh open water swim venues back up and running, this will start with Hatfield on Thursday 3rd.
There will be some new procedures that will be put in place to keep everyone safe and maintain social distancing, and so we ask you to read the following information.
We are very much looking forward to seeing you back in the water, and hope that the new systems, which might have a few frustrations, will be embraced by everyone so that we can provide a safe and secure swim for everyone.
Two things to know:
- Our swim sessions have now been sectioned into HOUR LONG sessions that can accommodate 20 people at a time.
- The swim sessions need to be pre-booked ONLINE
You can also go http://wix.com and download the app there.
When you have downloaded the app, you can join the SYS group using the code P8XMCA
After joining the app, we would like ALL our swimmer to complete our new online MEMBERSHIP FORM. There is a link on the app. Or you can click here: COMPLETE THE MEMBERSHIP FORM
Then you can use the app to book your swims – you can book as many as you like using the new system. Please remember though – we are only able to host 20 people in each hour session. The 20 places will be sold on a first come first served basis.
- All sessions must be pre-booked and paid for online
- No visitors or spectators are allowed, unless they are accompanying a swimmer that is under 16, and this will be restricted to one adult who will be required to wait in their vehicle.
- When you arrive on site you will be directed to the parking area, please maintain social distancing and only park in the allocated car parking areas, and invited to follow the one-way system being put in place taking you to Registration.
- There will be 20 swimmers per each one hour session
- Swimmers to be on site READY TO SWIM 20 minutes before the session start time. Changing will be outside – so come ready to swim, and be prepared to leave your kit in the open during your swim (bring a waterproof container!)
- After registration and changing you must wait on the social distancing markers for further instruction and water access.
- There will be a briefing 5 minutes prior to the session starting. If you are late for the this briefing you will miss your session, and no refunds will be given.
- You must have a brightly coloured swim cap, no white, black, gold or dark colours. No spares or sharing swim caps allowed. No brightly coloured cap, no swim. This is for your safety
- We cannot allow the sharing of equipment, goggles, gloves etc.
- No physical contact. (We know, we’ve missed you too and would love nothing more than to give you a big hug but please resist and maintain that social distancing.)
- No help will be available for you getting into wetsuits so please arrive zipped up ready to swim.
- No wetsuit hire facilities available at this time.
- Swimmers must maintain social distancing at all times, no gathering in the water and passing must be completed at a safe distance.
- Once your swim is over you must change and leave site via the one way system in place.
- No cake or sharing food or drink, WE KNOW, hopefully one day but not yet.
- There will be one toilet available at Hatfield, this will be the accessible toilet in reception with a usage policy in place to maintain infection control. Access will be available to the public toilets at Thrybergh and we suggest you use antibacterial hand sanitiser after access and egress of these facilities. Both toilets are for emergency use only and must not be used for changing. There are no shower facilities at either venue for the time being.
- NEW MEMBERS If you haven’t swum with us before you MUST complete a Membership Form please. If there is no completed membership form there will be no swim. The form contains important information should there be an emergency. Please complete a Membership Form here.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, high temperature, new continuous cough, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste, have tested positive or have been asked to self isolate via the track and test system, or shielding, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND. If you are in any doubt please visit the NHS website for up to date Coronarvirus (Covid 19) information
We are really looking forward to seeing you.